March 1, 2013

YEARS GONE BY

Do you know where you were one year ago?
What were you doing on March 2, 2012?
 
I can tell you what we were doing.
During the day I was watching
"FlightTracker".
 
In the evening we ate pizza for dinner.
Our friend Ashley came over and helped us
pick up balloons, tie them to trees,
and make a few posters.
 
Then off we went to the SLC Airport.
Giovanni, Robert, and I.
We met grandpa and Lorraine up there.
Stephanie and Sarah Barnes came too!
(They took the pictures!)
 
It is unreal to think that Robert has been home from his mission for one year!
Today as Brian and I were talking about it we realized how quickly this year has gone by.
 
We were just hugging Robert at the airport, then our trip to California,
summer fun, school, holidays, birthdays, etc.
And now, here we are.
 
Do you know what you were doing three years ago on March 3, 2010?
We went to Magelbey's Fresh for breakfast.
We had their yummy french toast.
Robert drove us around Provo for a glimpse of the city streets that he had grown up on.
We came home, took showers, packed the last few things in his bags...
Went to the temple to take a few pictures
(in the rain)
Then off to the MTC to drop him off.
Yes, It has been 3 years since he left on his mission.
 
This past week I have been reflecting a lot on missionary work and sending our sons and daughters off to serve the Lord for 18 months or two years.
It is a huge sacrifice for the missionary and the family.
But oh so worth it.
I wouldn't trade it for the world.
And I know that Robert wouldn't either.
I miss getting his emails every week and hearing about all his experiences,
however, I'm so thankful that he is home with us.
 
It has been a wonderful 3 years...we have all grown so much.
Thank you Robert for serving the Lord.
We are proud of you, and know that he is too.
 
 
I have to admit that even after one year I still get choked up
every time I watch this video.


1 comment:

Our Community Garden said...

Judi this made me cry too!