February 25, 2012

REMEMBERING SAN ANTONIO

Several years back...I think Robert was in 10th grade....we took a drive and ended up in San Antonio Texas. It was an amazing road trip. We saw some beautiful country a long the way. We had a lot of bonding time in the van. Boy was I glad for game systems and videos. We read some books a long the way and sang some songs too. And we ate a lot of munchies!

Giovanni had a cousin who was coming to San Antonio from Italy to see one of her cousins...so we planned the trip to go and meet them. We have never met any of them before and thought it would be a great way to hook up with our long lost family members. Elisa is from Giovanni's father's side of the family and we really hadn't had a lot of contact with them and felt like this was a great opportunity. So we got the boys school work for the week or so that we would be gone, packed up the van, and off we drove.

We stopped in Albuquerque, drove by El Paso (where my parents are from), saw the Rio Grand and Juarez from the boarder....boys didn't want to go into Mexico, so we skipped that....then off to SA. Can I just say that they aren't kidding when they say everything is bigger in Texas. It was 700 miles just like it had been the day before...but Texas was never ending! Really.....

San Antonio was lovely. The Riverwalk, the Alamo....we went to Sea World, (and another park that I can't think of right now...Six Flags, I think) and to a cute cowboy town called Bandera. The boys watched a Spurs game on about the 20th row. I still can't believe I let them go alone....what was I thinking? Maybe I wasn't.

The best part of the trip was meeting the cousins....Frank and his wife Chris, who live and SA, and Eliza and Salvatore, who are from Licata Italy. It was such a great trip. We really do need to go back there again someday. There was so much more to see...we just didn't have the time.

Here is a small peak at our trip!










1 comment:

Texas Boy + SLC Girl said...

those are GREAT pictures. I LOVE TEXAS. LOVE it.