November 3, 2011

THANKFUL FOR.....

I haven't had a chance to blog this month yet because we have been so busy...but I thought that I would try something different this year. It might add more stress to my life, but I'm going to try...everyday during the month of November I'm going to post about what I'm thankful for...It will be the same thing that I post on facebook, but with a bit more detail, but not to much more (mainly due to time constraints). The main reason I'm doing this is to help me to be more aware of the things around me and in my life. I hope that you don't mind accompanying me on this journey.

DAY #1 Today I am thankful for rain.There is an orchestra of pitter patter playing against my windows, and I love the music! 
It was pouring rain outside and dark and dreary. But I loved hearing the rain pound against the windows. It was like an orchestra was playing. I realized how blessed we are when the rain does come. It waters the lawns, the trees, and fills the streams with water. And the smell of rain! Oh how marvelous!

DAY #2 Today I am thankful for my heater. I woke up so cold and was thankful that I could just walk downstairs and push a button and the house would warm up. I remember living in Italy and we had a propane gas tank that we could use to warm up one room, but it couldn't stay on for long periods of time...and we would warm up our beds with hot water bottles. I really am thankful for heating! (And central AC in the summer!)

When I woke up I was so cold and even my room was cold where I was working. I ran down the stairs and turned on the heater and within 5 minutes my house was toasty warm. I thought of Robert on his mission and how this time last winter he was freezing in Alessandria because their heater wasn't working. I also remembered when I was there on my mission, and as a newlywed with Giovanni. It is amazing how we take the heat and cold for granted.

DAY #3 Today I am thankful for a job that lets me work from home, has a lot of flexibility, and gives us the opportunity to travel (if only we had the time and $$$ to do it more often). I ♥ jetBlue!!!
For a long time I looked for a job where I could work from home and be here for my kids. I wanted something that would have some flexibility but also have the opportunity to earn more. With this job I have been able to do that! I'm only part-time, 24 hrs a week, but I'm able to pick up hours and work 40 hrs (or more if I wanted) a week. Gio and Brian had the chance to go to Florida twice this past year. Gio took the boys to California and when we were in Vegas this past summer we took a day and went to Long Beach, just because we could! Most of all though I'm thankful for my job because I home for my family if they need me. I really do feel blessed.

I am so looking forward to the rest of the month...and what I will be thankful for...and I already have something in mind for December for my daily posts! It is gonna be a great two months!!!

No comments: