November 15, 2011

THANKFUL FOR STRANGERS

Today I am thankful for complete strangers that meet my son on the streets of Italy and take his picture and email them to us. Another tender mercy!

We received an email a few weeks back, on one of Gio's email accounts. He thought he had told me about it, but he didn't. So yesterday after a not so fun afternoon at the doctors Giovanni tells me about an email from a family in St George who happen to be in Italy a few weeks back and ran into some missionaries. They took the picture of the missionaries and asked for the parents email to send  a quick note.
Guess who the missionaries were....yup....that's right! Anziano Bona and Winward after a pday at Cinqueterre....



It is pretty obvious that it is pday and Robert decided to give his face a break and not shave (the joys of sensitive skin).

Another tender mercy. I can not tell you the joy that I felt seeing these pictures of my boy! I sure do miss him. 115 more days and I can hug him. I can't wait. Just thinking about it I get a lump in my throat and a few tears in my eyes. How wonderful that there are other missionary moms out there to do something special like this! For now I'll just keep looking at his picture and smiling!

No comments: