November 14, 2011

I LOVE MY DADDY

Today I am thankful for my dad, Norman Clifton. I know that every girl thinks that her dad is the best, however, I KNOW that my dad is the best!


I am so thankful for my dad. He really is one of the best men that I know. I can't imagine having any other father except for him.
I have so many fond memories as a child riding motor cycles with him, sledding, him scaring me at night after watching a movie, fixing my bicycle, going on trips to Hawaii (where he tried to sacrifice me to the Hawaiian Gods), Greece, Mexico, etc.
He would wake me up in the morning and take me and my friends to early morning seminary. I remember the Daddy/Daughter dates that we would do in young women's and the time we went ice skating.
He was always there for me to cry on his shoulder or laugh with him over some funny joke.
He would work so hard to support our family. He loved each one of us in a unique and individual way.

The thing that I think of most with my dad is how much he loved my mother and how much he took care of her towards the end of her life. He was there every second of every day. He would do anything for her. He was such an example to me of true love and Christlike service.

He would have so much fun with Robert and Brian when they were small boys. I am so thankful for the time that he spent with them. And for the hours that he babysat them for us so that we wouldn't have to leave them with strangers!

I am thankful to my father for the choices that he has made in his life. He joined the church and has been an active member ever since. He raised us with the gospel in our homes and set an example for us every day by the way he lived his own life.

I love you grandpa. (That's what we call him now days!). Thank you for all that you have done for me over the years and for all that you are to our family.

No comments: