November 10, 2011

I KNOW IT'S KINDA EARLY, BUT.....

today I am thankful for Christmas music. Yeah I know it is kinda early and we are here talking about Thanksgiving and being thankful and I'm mentioning Christmas. But it is true. I L.O.V.E Christmas music. On November 1st I start listening to it, and I usually stop somewhere between Christmas and New Years.

My family thinks that I'm crazy and when I get in the car the turn it on they all say, "Nope, No way, Not happening." Sometimes I win and we listen and sometimes I don't and I end with Jason Durullo in my ear! But when I'm home by myself during the day and working and I have it on low in the back ground, or when I'm not working it is up pretty high!

I know it seems weird, but the main reason that I love it is because of how it makes me feel inside. I get this warm fuzzy feeling that makes me happy. It helps me to stay calmer and more at one with the universe. Boy that just sounded really cheesy, but the truth of the matter is....it is the truth. There are certain songs that really help me to feel close to the spirit. Silent Night, O Come All Ye Faithful, O Little Town of Bethlehem, What Child Is This, to just name a few. And I love feeling the way I do when those songs are playing. Yes, there are the silly ones too...I Saw Mommy Kissing Santa Clause, Grandma Got Run Over By A Reindeer, etc...and those are the ones that make you laugh and smile. It is so nice to feel so many different emotions while listening to music.

I can only listen to it for two months out of the year, so come on...cut me some slack and give me a break. But I will tell you this...I still have out the fall decor, and Christmas doesn't come up until the Turkey is eaten!

1 comment:

Gio, Tasha, and Bella said...

I am with you! I was so excited to hear christmas music today on the radio. I love it!