November 9, 2011

DAY # 9

Well...today is November 9th. Robert will be home in 4 months....121 days! And we can't wait!
But that isn't why we are here. You have come to see what I'm thankful for...

Today I am thankful for the gifts of Repentance and Forgiveness.

I feel like this sentence says enough all by itself and that there isn't much more to write.
I am so thankful for a loving Father in Heaven who sent his son to be our Redeemer. That because of him I am able to repent of my sins and short comings and that I can continue to try and do better. Ever day I am tested and tried in different ways. I am a mere "mortal wo/man" but I try my best. But sometimes I fail, actually a lot of times I fail. But I pick myself up, dust myself off, and start over again. And I will never, ever give up.

I am also thankful for Forgiveness. A loving Father in Heaven who will see no more my faults and shortcomings if I do repent and He will also forgive me and love me just the same. I am also thankful for children and a spouse who also realize my faults and continue to help me to be a better person. They forgive me when I mess up, and they let me try again.

I am sure that I will fail many times in life, and I hope that  they will continue to forgive me, just as I forgive them. As a parent it is easy to forgive, because we love our children. Sometimes forgetting take times...but that is where true forgiveness comes into play, it least, I think so. I can't carry a grudge or I haven't forgiven...but I can still be on my guard....does that make sense to you? Maybe not, but to me it does.

Thank goodness for tomorrows...I'm going to need a lot of them...

No comments: