November 7, 2011

I AM STILL THANKFUL (just kinda' busy to post every day!)

Today I am thankful for the new shift that I will have in January. For the first time in 2 1/2 yrs I will not have to work Sat or Sun, unless I chose to do say!!!
    This was Saturday! I am soooo thankful for the new shift that I will start working on Jan 8th! These past few months have been so hard for me. I really thought that I would like working from 4-10 AM on Sat and 4-8 AM on Sunday's..but I gotta tell you, it's killing me. When I picked my shift I thought that life would be calmer when school started, but I was wrong. It is so hard to stay up to get Brian on Friday and Saturday nights...go to bed at 11 PM and wake up at 3: 30 AM. I think I'm getting old. I just can't do it anymore! I will work M-Th 730-1230 and F 730-1130. It is great because I will be able to pick up extra hours during the week before and after my shift and be done by the time Brian comes home from school and I won't have to work the weekends unless I really want to....How nice is that? I can't wait!

Today (and everyday) I am thankful to belong to The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints. I am thankful for my savior Jesus Christ and for a loving Heavenly Father. I feel so blessed to know that I am a child of God and that He loves me and knows me and watches over me and guides me in my every day life. I may only be one of millions on this earth, but I know that He hears me and answers my prayers and is mindful of my needs, wants, hopes, and desires.
    This was my Sunday thought. I think that it explains itself pretty well. I am thankful for what I know to be true and what I believe.

Today I am thankful for my dear mother, Martha. She was a mother for so many years, but as time passed she also became my best friend. I miss you mom. Thank you for your love and example to me. I can't wait to see you again someday! But for now it is enough to know that you are watching over me and smiling down on me. ♥
    Today is Monday, and I miss my mother. Last night we had all the family over for FHE. It was great to have family and a few extra friend here (Jared and Jimmy). The lesson was on gratitude. It was my turn to give the lesson, and I have to admit that I had to hold back the tears as I was telling my family how thankful I am for all of them. Because Dad is remarried I feel that I need to be sensitive to Lorraine. I never want for her to think that we don't love her or that we aren't thankful that she is in our family. Dad is so happy with her, and she has been a great blessing to him, and all of us..but she isn't my mother. Especially during this time of year I really miss my mom. I think of all the preparations for the holidays and the big meals planned and the shopping and laughing and Christmas music playing. It was such a fun time of year. She would decorate the home and as we would open the boxes with decorations memories would come flooding back from my childhood. It isn't the same now. The family is different and the feeling is different. And I miss it! I want to make those memories for my boys and hold on to them...but it seems to change and it is hard.
    I am so thankful to my mother for raising me and being my mom, but for becoming my best friend. I miss our chats on the phone, taking her to the mall to shop and laughing and talking with her. I would love to tell her how Robert is doing on his mission and how much fun Brian has playing basketball. But then I realize that she is with me everyday watching over me and smiling down on me.
    I love you Mom. Thank you for the memories!

No comments: