October 17, 2011

HOW LONG IS 2 YEARS?

Man on Man!!! How long is two years? It sure is a long time..
For those of you who don't know...
It is 24 months
110 weeks
730 days!
and a lot of hours and seconds too!

I've been counting down to March 9, 2012
for a very long time...
actually since March 3, 2010

You see...that is the day that my dear sweet son
Robert
left to serve his mission.

As of today he has......
drum roll please.....
144 days!!!
Yes, only 144 days...
then he will be home!

And he is doing fantastic on his mission!
I would never, ever, ever  want him to come home early,
but...
I sure am ready for him to come home.
I miss him.
His father misses him.
His little (well, not so little anymore) brother misses him!
We all miss him!
But we are so proud of him!!
And we wouldn't want him anywhere else,
or doing anything else.

This is what he was doing on Saturday night...

 
We are so happy for Victor and his choice to be baptized.
We have been praying for him every night for several weeks now.
(thank you Fabrizio Gianelli for the photo!)

This is why we are so willing to let our son leave for two long years.
He is sharing his testimony with other people.
Do you see that smile on his face?
Can you just feel his joy and happiness?
I sure can!

If you want to know what else Robert has bee up
then you should go here.
He just sent us 350+ pictures....
It was hard to know which ones to post...
but we hope you enjoy them.

And in the mean time...
I will go back to counting!
(Thank goodness for the app on my phone, that counts for me!)




No comments: