October 20, 2011

FALL COLORS

This past weekend we drove up Provo Canyon to see the beautiful fall colors. I love going up there and seeing the red, orange, and yellow leaves with a few evergreen trees. I must admit that I think of my mother a lot on these rides! She loved the colors changing.





I have to admit that when we got into the van for our car ride I really hadn't planned on getting out at all...we were going to drive up and back down. But once we arrived Gio and Brian wanted to get out and streatch...so they made me get out too... (Not one of my better pictures)




But I am glad that we went. One of the neat things that happened there was that the animal recovery was there to release a few birds back into the wild. Actually...not just any birds...2 hawks and 1 Eagle. It was such a neat experience to be there and see the release of these animals back into nature. It was a very moving and emotional experience.

They also had a few other birds and owls up there, just to show people. It was so neat to see such beautiful creatures up so close.





It was a great afternoon ride! Thanks to Gio and Brian for the small things they do to make me happy.

2 comments:

Texas Boy + SLC Girl said...

That is so SUPER PRETTY! I LOVE fall!

Texas Boy + SLC Girl said...

Simply breathtaking Judi. LOVE all these pics.