February 12, 2011

THE PERFECT LIFE...

I was reading a friends blog this morning...and it made me realize that non of us has a perfect life. There are always things that we want to do, say, and be.
I think of several families that I know and they "seem" perfect. The perfect husband, wife, children, job, cars, $$$, etc.  And down inside myself I wonder..."why couldn't my life be like that?" Why didn't things work out that way for me/us? What did we do "wrong" for our life to turn out the way it did?
Why can't my family and my life be perfect?
It just sometimes doesn't seem fair that some people have it all, and others, well....they don't...but wait, just one minute...I have one question....what does it mean "to have it all?" Do we really know how someones' life is behind their front door and their every day life?

What is perfect?????
Does that mean the big house that I really wouldn't want to clean or wouldn't have the time to clean?
The large yard that would have to be mowed and weeded? I really dislike yard work..almost to the point of saying I hate it...and anyone who knows me knows I dislike the word hate.
Would we have to work like crazy to pay for the big house to the point of not being able to enjoy it?
And the big cars....then I would have a harder time finding a parking space or I would have to park way out in the lot so no one would scratch it. And the gas $$$ that I would have to spend.
The perfect children that always obeyed and had perfect grades and never did anything wrong....really?
That actually does SEEM nice, but is that what I would really want? Or do I enjoy the spice of life? The craziness and worrying about them, and pampering them, and being their MOM. Um....yes, I do!!!
The perfect husband...well....what is that? I suppose it would be the man who brings home the "bacon" and let's me spend it how I want, etc..The man who has it all together and looks like he just walked out of Forbes or GQ...
And me the perfect wife...Mrs. Cleaver. Yeah, right?!! Not gonna happen....

I use to continually compare myself to other people. And I sometimes still do...however, not like I use to. I have realized that I am never going to be....."so and so", or "sister so and so", and my kids will never be like "???" and my husband will never be like "brother so and so" or the neighbor "so and so"

But...you know what. That is just fine with me. I wouldn't be happy in a "perfect life".
But for me, my life is PERFECT! I have the perfect husband and sons. I have the perfect home. I live in the perfect neighborhood, with the perfect cars. yard, etc.
My life for me is perfect. Because it is my life and I'm living it.

I have the perfect husband for me. He treats me like a queen. He adores me. He respects me. He LOVES me, and his words and actions show that. No, he doesn't spoil me with material gifts. But his words of love and appreciation and his actions let me know how much he loves me.

My sons are perfect for me. I have spent the past 20 years being a mother. And I love my boys. I wouldn't trade them for someone elses "perfect" kids...because Robert and Brian are perfect for me. They bring me so much joy and happiness. We laugh together we play together. I find joy in watching them play sports, do science fair projects, read emails about missionary service and I cry for them and pray for them. They are PERFECT.

So you see....my life is perfect. For me!
Did things turn out exactly how I/we had hoped they would...no.
But yet...things are exactly how I hoped...
I have a wonderful husband and children.
We are rich.
And we are blessed.
We have what counts most...
Each other.

I love you Giovanni, Robert and Brian. The 3 of you are what makes my life perfect!

No comments: