January 28, 2010

LIFE

It has been a crazy few weeks. Robert is doing physical therapy for his hand and working, Brian is doing Jr Jazz basketball and a science project for the science fair, as well as homework and his social life. He has become a little butterfly. Robert calls him a "player" because at such a young age he is already discovering girls...help! He is only in 5th grade and 11 yrs old! This one is starting young. On the other hand, Robert is spending as much time as he can with his girlfriend before he leaves. Oh my...we can't live with them or without them....boys or girls.
But that is life.
Gio has been busy with work! There is always change and sometime not good. Hopefully things will go okay at his job. They have been talking about restructuring...and we all know what that means...usually not good news. All we can do is hope for the best. It's life.
JetBlue is going great. They made a huge profit this past year and have hired a bunch of new people over the past month or so. We are transferring over to a new reservations system this weekend. There has been a lot of training for this, and there is also a lot of stress involved too. I work on Saturday morning which is the first day for the new program...I have to admit that I am very stressed!!! We are on OT for a month, but it won't be too bad...I am thankful to have a job, and that's life!
Robert leaves in 32 days. We are going out to buy all his stuff this weekend. We haven't been able to buy the suits, etc before now because of his hand, but seems that things are going better now! I can't believe that in a month he will be gone. There are some days when I think...thank goodness he is leaving soon, but then other days I get sad and cry just thinking about it. So many mixed emotions. I wonder sometimes what he is thinking inside that mind of his. I remember how I felt before I went into the MTC, but he isn't totally in the dark about Italy or the language. I know that he will be okay, but I am sure that he is scared, nervous, etc...how could he not be.
All that Brian can say is, I get his room and bed while he is gone! Silly little boy! He will really miss Robert! We all will....
but that is life and part of growing up!
We went to the temple a few days back with Robert and his friend Coulton and it was so neat to be there with those two boys. WOW!!! We are so lucky to live here, and for Robert so have such great friends. There aren't many places where you can go and where all your friends go on a mission and that you can all go to the temple together. What a great blessing.
Not to much else is going on. Today there is sunshine outside. Finally! It has been so gray and overcast and terrible outside with poor air quality, but today almost looks like spring! Thank goodness!
Even with the ups and downs we really do have a great life and we are so lucky!

No comments: