November 20, 2009

I HOPE THEY CALL ME ON A MISSION

Well....it is finally official. Robert received an email from our stake president this morning and his papers are in SLC! Then this afternoon we received a phone call from the doctor up in SLC who goes over all the paper work for the missionaries and he just had a few questions about a medication that Robert is on right now, but said that everything looked fine and wished Robert the best of luck on his call!
Wow! Finally we are to this point of waiting!!! It is exciting, scary, and fun thinking of all the fun places that he might go to. But I must say that Gio and I feel the same...we really don't think that he will go to Italy. It would be great if he did, but....Gio has dreamt of Ghana, Philadelphia, and Chicago. Robert says Idaho, Colorado, or Canada. I haven't had any dreams..but of course I would love Italy. Though I do know that where ever it is, that is the place where he is suppose to be.
We are very proud of Robert. He is such a good example to Brian and such a good big brother! Brian is also excited to find out where Robert will be serving and when he'll be leaving. I think that he wants Robert's room and bed....I guess for two years he can have them!
Today Gio and I went to the genealogical library in SLC. It was our first time there. As we looked through microfilm I found his father's birth registration. I got chills all over and remembered what my mother told me about doing this work, and today I understood a bit better. Then I looked through another roll of microfilm and found the birth records for Giovanni's great great grandfather and the names of his parents. It was amazing. I had been looking for two other rolls and they weren't there so I grabbed two others that we thought might have information on them. We weren't really sure of the exact year of his birth, but had a 3 year period and the first roll I looked through we found him. I think my mother was smiling down on Gio and I today and proud of us that we are slowly getting the desire to do this work.
It made me think of how important it is when we go to the temple and the work that we are doing there as well. It will be a special day when we will go and do the work for Giovanni's family.
I told Robert that he would be helping the living to accept Christ and we would be doing the work for the dead. We will all be missionaries at the same time.
We really are blessed!

No comments: