September 1, 2009

"IT" has begun!

It has begun! We are 2 weeks into school for Brian, and one for Robert and here we are....doing homework. I don't get it! That is what I should be saying, but instead that is what the boys are saying, so Gio and I are starting our 5th grade and college educations all over again.
Brian has forgotten his homework folder at school once already so I had to take him to school and go inside and sign his paper for him. He didn't want to break his run of having 100% homework assignments turned in since Kindergarten. I don't blame him, however, he now knows that if he forgets it mom won't be going in to sign anymore.
He has left his water bottle at school a few times too. Thank goodness for drinking fountains to fill it up. The winner was yesterday. He just HAD to go out and play with a neighbor friend and had done his math and said he would read in the evening. As reading time came around he sat down with dad to do it, then found out that Robert was having a girl from his Chemistry class come over to do an assignment together, and Brian forgot everything. He was more interested in the new person coming to our house. So at 9:45 PM as he is going to bed (already 30 minutes late), he remembers that he has some vocabulary words that he needs to do. So needless to say this morning we are doing homework, and he is eating breakfast, and trying to rush through everything so he can ride his new bike to school...well...he had to redo the assignment about 4 times until he got it right. Is alphabetizing that hard?
No bike today. Maybe on Wednesday.
Then there is Robert, that had never done a homework assignment on line...oh my! That is all I want to say. He finally figured it out and got a 100% on it, but it took a while. And he really needs to figure out that for Chemistry you need to read the book (just like for all his other classes as well). It is going to be a long semester. For all four of us!
But, I love it! I go crazy and so does Gio, but I'm so thankful to have those two boys, and there isn't anything I wouldn't do for them.
Also....I have started a diet. I think that if I put it here in the blog I will have more pressure to stick to it. I'm doing something kind of crazy for about a month. A liquid protein type of thing, then starting October I'll be on solid food again, and doing Weight Watchers. I'm not the best at doing diets and I seem to yo-yo...up and down with my weight, and right now I'm on the up side...so time to do something about it. Peer pressure might just help out some! Gio has done great! For about 2 months or so he has exercised 4-5 times a week and has lost about 10-12 lbs and is in much better shape. I admire him that he can stick to it and do it. He tries to motivate me, but I just need to get up and do it, so here it goes!
It has begun! (Whatever it may be!)
Wish us all luck!

3 comments:

The Jeffs Family said...

I am so glad to hear that other people struggle to get their kids to do homework. Good luck with the diet thing--you are so good! Let us know how the liquid protein thing is. I am very curious!!!

Jamie said...

1st grade homework isn't too scary, I can handle that. But college!!! yikes! good luck!!! And that is amazing that Brian is 100% since K!!! I was think 100% for this year was good! lol
Take care

Judi said...

Kelli...good to hear from you again.
Jamie...yeah..I can handle 5th grade stuff, Gio does math and science and i do the rest. And the college stuff..that is Robert's thing. he is doing better now and getting the hand of it. and study groups help!