August 26, 2009

5 Years

Time seems to go by so quickly and we don't even realize it. I can't believe how quickly the past 5 years have gone by!
This time 5 years ago I was at the hospital at my mother's side. The day was pretty amazing actually. Everyone had gone by to see her that day. Dear friends and family! We had no idea of what was to come, but we all had the feeling that we needed to visit her. She had the chance to spend tim with her grandchildren, children, and husband. We thought she would be in for only a few days, but it ended up being her last day.
I feel so very fortunate that I had those last few hours alone with my mother. It is a time that I will never forget and will always cherrish. I suppose what they say is true...your parents care for you as a child, and you care for them as they get older. The Lord is so mindful or our needs and desires and that night I know that He was there with mom and I. I was able to do things that I never thought I could, and I know that in the end my mother knew how much I loved her and how thankful I was that she was my mom. I am thankful that I had the last few months of her life to also be able to help take care of her, but the true hero in all of this is my father. I always knew how much he loved my mother, but to see him take care of her every need and to be there with her....it left no doubt in my mind. To this day I am thankful for those memories.
Mom has been gone for 5 years now, but not a day goes by that I don't think about about her or wish that she was here with me! I miss her terribly, but I know that she is in a much better place, and I know too, that I will see her again someday.
Mom, just want you to know that I love you and I'm thinking of you today, and always!

No comments: