February 9, 2009

Judi Found Her Rainbow!

Usually it is Giovanni who write's the blog....and puts in the pictures, music, background etc...but I thought that tonight I would write down a few thoughts that I've been having...
It has been an interesting few weeks since I was laid off from my job...I had so many different feelings and emotions that I've never felt before..the main one being that I felt like I was a failure or had done something wrong to merit being laid off...but now I know that isn't the case at all.
I am so thankful to a husband who loves me and supports me and wants for me to be happy.
I have always said that I wanted to be a stay at home mom and spend time with the boys and just do things for them. I'm actually having that opportunity now and I'm so thankful for it.
Robert will graduate on May 28th and a whole new chapter in his life will start and life as we know it now will change. I really feel like the Lord has given me this chance to be here when he is here and to share some time together. Afternoons when he comes home from school and it is just the two of us here are something that I'm grateful for, and I really enjoy hearing about his day at school, about his friends and most of all just seeing him laugh and smile..They are moments that I will cherrish forever...if I was working I wouldn't have that time with him everyday...
I'm also here in the mornings with Brian to just "give him attention and cuddle" as he calls it. To see him laugh and get goosebumps when I tickle him bring me such joy. He too is growing up so fast and soon maybe he won't want to "cuddle" anymore so I'm glad we can do it now..I cherrish our time together to watch "Fresh Prince" and laugh for a few mintues before he walks out the door to catch the bus...
The Lord really does know what is best for us and I really feel like this is a blessing that I've recieved..to have this time with my children and also to dedicate some time to me..
Most of all I'm thankful to my husband for working so hard and being such a support to me and for caring about me and making sure that I'm okay..He is my strength and most of all he is my best friend. After 19 years of marriage I can honestly say that I love him as much if not more than I did 19 years ago and I'm so glad that our family is an eternal one....
I wrote on one of my friends blog that it does seem like when it rains it pours, but in the middle of the flood there is always a rainbow to be found, and I have found mine.

No comments: