June 26, 2008

We're Back!!!

We're finally back on line! Oh my gosh it seems like it has been forever. Sorry that is has been such a long time. Life at our house got very hectic over the past 2-3 months.
It all started with the end of school and Robert having assignment after assignment and test after test. He was so overwhelmed, so Gio and I went back to school for a few months to help him out. Then it was time to study for the ACT, and that wasn't much fun. We are still waiting for the results, they should be ready any day now!!
We also had soccer finishing up for Brian and that was fun. His team came in second place. Brian made the first goal of the game, and was thrilled. as were we. It looked like his team would win until the last 10 minutes of the game. They ended up loosing by one goal. Oh well, next time I suppose, though I think that he is going to take a break from soccer for now because he wants to play football.

Speaking of football, Robert is playing for Provo High School this year. He and some friends just thought it would be fun to walk on the field and play. There is a new coach this year and some old players left, and they thought, "What the heck, why not", so good for them. They are having a blast, though I don't know how much fun it will be the week of July 7th. They have 3 a days that week, and he will be dead,but it will build character. That is what I tell him anyway!

As for other happenings in our family. We bought a scooter (150 cc) about 3/4 weeks ago, and Robert thought that it would be fun to lay it down. I can't tell you the feat that a parent has when your child calls and says that they have been in an accident, with out a helmet!! And that a friend was with them. I think that my heart went through my feet. Giovanni got to the accident before me, but when I got there all I could do was hug Robert and tell him how glad I was that everything was okay! I actually started to cry, then I yelled at him for not having on a helmet!!! :)

He had to have 3 stitches and he scrapped up his chin, hand, shoulder and legs. He and Anthony (his football buddy) were so lucky!! We really feel like they were watched over. Nothing happened to Anthony, thank goodness, but the new scooter doesn't look so new anymore, but it drives and is still cute, and most of all, it is only a thing!!

My job at Jet Blue is postponed until December or January. I must admit that I was disappointed. The economy is so bad right now so they put everything on hold. I was looking forward to the benefit of flying. Hopefully soon, though I don't think so the way things are going.

Better go for now. I will try to post some pictures in the near future. We also had to buy a new pc in the past week, so we lost everything and have to start over from scratch!!! What a summer it has been!!

No comments: