June 15, 2013

SO MUCH TIME HAS GONE BY

I almost had forgotten how to log in and it took me a moment to remember where to go to write a post. I suppose I have let this blog rest long enough. I'm still not sure if I have much to say, or if what I have to say is important to anyone. But...it is important to me. So, I'm going to try to get back into the swing of things, slowly but surely.

It would be impossible for me to go back and document about everything that has happened in the past three months and so I won't even try. Let's just say that life has had its ups and downs, but we're still standing and that is important.

Robert finished the year at UVU and right after graduation, realized that he had earned is AS (Associates in Science). He didn't really care about walking in the ceremony, but that piece of paper is a great accomplishment and will help him towards his goal of entering nursing school. He is now working full time, yes, a real 40 hr a week job.  He is lucky because it is an office job with office hours, so he has time to study and to play...though he should be doing a bit more studying and less playing...don't parent's always say that? He is doing well though, and life is treating him good.

Brian finished 8th grade with all A's. We are so proud of him. He really worked hard this year and accomplished his goal. He had several choir concerts the last few months of school. He really enjoys singing, but is going through that puberty stage and so he isn't always on key, but just the same I love that he loves to sing, and loves music, though sometimes his music isn't what I would choose. I can tell I'm getting older and turning into my parents...when we are driving in the car I will ask him to turn the music down, or change the station. When my hands are gripping the steering wheel I know it is time to change the station.

Giovanni is still at WF. Not his dream job, but we are thankful for it and the income. Life doesn't always go the way you plan, and his didn't...but he is an amazing man and will do whatever it takes to support his family. He has sacrificed a lot for us. I see his true character when I think of what could have been and what is, all because he wanted something better for his sons. I hope that as the years go by and our sons become men that the sacrifices there father made will be worth it. I know that some days are especially hard and trying and some times there are weeks like that, but when I look into his eyes, or watch him from across the room, or see how he interacts and councils' our sons I am thankful and blessed.

As for me...still working at jetBlue and thankful to have a job that is flexible that lets me work from home and be here for my family. I thought my life would be much different than what it really is. I'm not complaining, just realizing that the Lord had something different planned for me. I always wanted to be a mother, but I wanted the career, etc...and that didn't happen. But as I look back I realize that I wouldn't change anything. I have the best job in the world or being a wife and mother. I couldn't ask for more. I have a husband that adores me and two sons that I couldn't be more proud of. What else could I possibly want.

As the summer days are going by I realize that life changes every day. There are new trials and joys, ups and downs, hard days and happy days. But through it all if we have our family and loved ones at our side we can make it through anything. When we leave this life those that we leave behind will have memories of us. I want the memories that my sons have to be happy ones. I hope that they will remember that we went to their sport games, and camps, that we helped them with school work, took them on vacations, and tried to make memories with them. I hope most of all that they will know that we loved them. I hope that we are setting an example for them so that one day when they are father's they will remember. No, we didn't do everything right, in fact, we made a lot of mistakes along the way, but I hope they know they were loved.

No comments: