October 6, 2012

CHRISTIAN

One of Robert's good friends, Christian, was in a head on car collision last Friday night.
It was serious, very serious.
As I write this blog post Christian is actually on the brink of life and death.
 
Christian returned from his mission about 5-6 months ago.
He served in the New Orleans area, and was currently as student at UVU.
 
Over the course of the last week I have followed facebook constantly for updates on his progress.
Robert and I have talked several times this past week about CT, as we call him.
The discussions have gone something like this:
"these types of things don't happen to you or people you know, they happen to strangers"
"this is surreal to think this is happening to a friend of mine"
"my heart aches for his family"
"CT and the Lord are having a nice chat right now, and CT is getting some instruction"
"what if...no we aren't going to even think that"
"we have to keep praying and fasting"
"make sure we put his name on the prayer roll at the temple"
"is there an update on facebook yet"
"look at this picture that someone else posted"
"i can not even imagine how is family is holding up"
"what an amazing example of faith and hope his family are to each of us"
etc, etc, etc
 
As I read the update on "believe in CT"
I realized once again how precious life is.
Christian is holding on...but it is grim.
He is fighting for his life.
And we are all fighting right along with him
with our faith, hope, prayers, and fasting.
 
I have hugged my boys a little bit longer and tighter this week.
I have made sure to tell them how much I love them and how proud of them I am.
I have cried tears for another mother that I have never met
as my heart aches for her.
I am marveled  by her strength and courage and the example she is to me.
 
Please keep Christian in your prayers.
 
 


1 comment:

Jamie said...

I hope the very best for Christian! I'm sorry for you and his family! I'll keep you all in my prayers!