September 3, 2012

SI O NO.....yes or no

Sometimes things aren't always black or white
Yes or No.
There are so many shades of grey
 
Being a parent, friend, family member, church member, student, and citizen.
It is so hard to know when you should speak up and stand for what you know is right,
or when you should sit back and just let things go.
 
Last night my father made a wise comment,
one that we have all heard throughout our lives.
He said that when he prays, for whom ever or whatever,
in the end he always says..
"thy will be done."
 
I wish my faith were so strong that I could say that, and really mean it.
At times I do mean it, but there are times that I don't have faith in it.
I think that I know best. That I have all the right answers.
Then something happens and I realize once again that the Lord sees the big picture.
He knows what the canvas looks like when it is empty,
but he has the vision of the finished picture and all its beauty.
 
Last night my father also made the comment
"there is the good and the bad...of course you go for the good!"
It was so simple for him. He didn't have to think about it.
He just knew...the good!
You stand for the right!
For being an old guy he's pretty smart.
That is probably why he's smart...because he is old
and he's had a lot of experience.
 
I try to stand up for what I know is right.
To be an example at all times and in all places.
But....
there are times when someone wants advice.
They want you to give them a yes or no answer.
To tell them what to do.
And you want to tell them what to do...but you can't
Because it isn't the right thing to do.
 
Our Heavenly Father put us on this earth to learn.
To have faith in Him.
Faith is to have total trust.
Free agency is a test with challenges.
And big challenges make great men and women.
Faith and fear can not coexist.
So if you are afraid of something,
it means you don't have faith....
and if you don't have faith and believe...
well then maybe it isn't right.
 
 
 
 

1 comment:

Jamie said...

Good hearing from you! I really appreciated this post. Life is crazy but you have such a great out look on life! I love reading your blog. You're amazing!