January 28, 2012

POST 300!

I didn't really know this was post 300 until I logged in to write something! Wow...Do I write to much? Not enough? Actually, I write when I feel the need. I wish I were a better journal keeper, but I'm not...so this is as close as I get. Maybe I should start a private blog where I can write my deepest and darkest feelings...Nah....I'm on the PC to much as it is. It is kind of funny...I say I'm going to back off some and instead I go through withdraw and I seem to be on it even more.
The title of this post was really going to be "Nesting". No! I'm not pregnant! Nor will I ever be again. That is a sad and happy thought all rolled into one. But that is a story for another day.
Actually the reason for "nesting" is because of everything that I have been doing and the list that I have been working on. It all started with the carpet, the bedding, the new beds and some furniture, washing stored up clothes, organizing pictures in photo albums, updating facebook with pictures, forwarding emails, cleaning closets, organizing bathroom shelves, new shower accessories, finding out about classes and majors at the University, etc....the list could go on and on and on and on. There is still a bit of painting to do...that will happen in Feb. I think it will be Monday the 20th. Not the house...just some touch up things. There are still blinds and windows to be done..The 20th as well. I have a deadline. Everything and I mean everything needs to be done by Feb 27th...Because the guest will be here on March 2. No it's not the queen...It's Robert. And he really isn't a guest. He is a family member returning home.
I have thought a lot about my mother over the past few months. I remember when my brother went on his mission to Japan. Before he came home my mom had to reorganize everything. When I was 9 yrs old and spent 6 weeks in Greece when I returned home my mother had redone my room with new paint, curtains, bedding, furniture, etc...When I returned from my mission I had new bedding in my room and new towels in the bathroom...I couldn't figure it out. I use to think she was crazy. Who cared? I guess Mom's care! She told me then that it was just a feeling that mother's get that they want everything to be perfect for the "arrival". She said it was like having a baby almost. Your child is returning and you want everything to be extra special for them. It is like a new baby...the bedding, the clothes, and all the other things as well. I get it now. I understand completely!
I'm not to sure why it matters so much to me. Robert is 21. Is he really going to care if there is a new shower curtain? Will he care about new towels or new pj's on his bed waiting for him, or the new toothbrush? He'll notice the carpet and the bed because they are more obvious. But will he care if the blinds are clean and if we touched up with some paint here and there? I doubt it...but then again he might.
I think this "nesting" thing is actually for the mother. It is a way to pass time and to release some of the anxiousness that we feel inside. It makes sense to me. I have enough to keep me busy for the next few weeks so I am sure that it will help the time to pass.
Silly post I know...but I was taking a break from the bathroom....one down two more to go! Then on to the pantry! The dusting my room...vacuuming, laundry, etc...Gonna be a busy Saturday! But isn't that the day we get ready for Sunday?! And it's only 8 AM!

1 comment:

Jamie said...

You write the right amount! (I think I got my "rights" "right". :o)
I always enjoy your posts!