December 8, 2011

Dear Brian

Thank you for the joy and happiness that you bring into my life. I was so thankful when Robert came into our family. After being told that maybe I wouldn't have children I felt blessed to have him.  But I wanted more. It took 7 years and 9 months...but you finally came. I can not tell you the joy and happiness I felt when I knew that I was pregnant with you. At first I hoped for a girl, but as usual the Lord knows best and knew that a baby boy would be the best thing for our family. And you are!

Thank you for your patience with dad and I. We are still learning to be parents. There are growing pains sometimes, but I hope that there are more fun and happy moments to outweigh those few moments that we struggle.

You have entertained us from the start...first not liking the grass, then the way you crawled, then your dancing to Michael Jackson, to soccer, football, and now basketball. I am so glad that you are here and that you keep us busy.

Thank you for your kind and sensitive heart. I know that at your age "being cool" is important, but I'm glad that you can still tell me you love me in front of your friends and that you let me joke around with you and your buddies. I am looking forward to many more "Judi" years with you and the boys!

Thank you for forgiving me when I mess up. And thank you for teaching me that saying sorry isn't a sign of weakness. I am so thankful that our family is an eternal family and that you will be a part of that eternity. I couldn't bear to not have you around.

Thank you for putting up with my Christmas music, for watching "chick flicks" with me and for letting me still tuck you in at night. I don't think I'm ready to give up on that one yet. I know it doesn't happen all the time, but I do love to go in your room and make sure you're covered and warm under your blankets and give you a kiss goodnight. You will always be my little boy.

4th birthday party

7th grade 13 yrs old


I am anxious to see what the next years will bring to you in your life and the type of young man that you will become. You're on a great start now.

Merry Christmas son. I love you!

Love,
Mom

1 comment:

Texas Boy + SLC Girl said...

Awe, that is SO CUTE!!!