September 10, 2011

SIX MONTHS!!!

Yes, you read that title right!
Six months! That is all....
Anziano Robert Bona will be home on Friday March 9, 2012!
180 days from today!
And we can't wait!

Yes, It is my week to be "Trunky", and I can't help it.
We actually starting looking at beds, dressers, etc...Brian will need a do over of his room. I don't think that Robert will give up his double bed, and Brian is to big for his single bed. (We just bought it a few years ago too! That kid grew way to quick!)

In other news...We took Brian to the Selena Gomez concert on Wednesday night! It was a blast. I will put up a few pictures next time I post (I'm on my work PC right now). It was actually pretty fun. Mine and Gio's heads were spinning, pounding, and thumping for a few hours, but nothing that an Alieve and a good night's sleep couldn't take care of! I've never seen so many girls in pink, sequins, etc...all ages! And Brian had a lot of eye candy! LOL! There were other boys there too, and they were up in the nose bleed section just like us, and it was perfect! We really had fun! Poor Brian, though! He wanted a pink shirt with Selena plastered all over the front...I used mother power and said, No way! Oh my!

Tonight we are going to see Mary Poppins up in SLC. Our friend *TA* plays the lead roll of Michael Banks. We saw him last year in Tarzan at the Tuachan and he was fantastic! We are really looking forward to tonight! Brian saw it twice when he was down in Long Beach with *TA* for a week. He had a blast and said the play was amazing. The last night of the show is Sept 25th. *TA* has been on the road for a year doing the show, but now he is on the bigger and better things in NYC and will be leaving the first week for NYC. We are sad to see him go, but so happy for him! Thank goodness that jetBlue goes to NY..I think we will be taking a few trips over the next few years!!

Brian is loving school right now. 7th grade has been great for him! He is doing really well with his grades and he has reconnected with a bunch of friends! I am so glad that it is a good experience for him! Jr High can be so hard. I hope it continues to go as well as it has! He has some really good friends. They are crazy boys, but he has a lot of fun with them and they are good kids. Of course there are girls in the picture too...which I'm not to thrilled about because he is young...but it is normal to "like/have a crush" on someone..but let's hope that is where it ends! Brian's comment to me is , "Mom, what do you expect, I'm a Bona' and Robert's little brother and a player just like him!".....Oh my...I am in trouble :)  But it is all good. We laugh and talk and have a good time!

Tomorrow is Sept 11th. I can not believe that it has been 10 yrs since the awful day. There have been a lot of programs on TV this past week recounting the experiences of survivors, and families who lost someone there that day. The feelings are still so strong and horrific. Last evening Gio and I were watching a show and I could feel the stress as my body grew tense. I began to lock my jaw and I could feel the anger/sorrow rise inside of me. I know that we are suppose to forgive ... but it is hard. I try to not judge other people and to have an open mind...but this is something that I still haven't been able to wrap my mind around. The tears still come as I see the images on the TV. I remember everything about that day, and I didn't loose anyone that day. How do all those families go forward everyday? I don't know if I could. I admire each one of them. I hope also that they have been able to find some peace and solace in their lives and to try and go on living. May God bless each one of them, always. They have already sacrificed so much in their lives. I was always proud to be an American, but after Sept 11, 2001  I learned to stand a little taller and be even prouder to be an American.

We never know how fragile life is. That is why we are told to live each day as if it were the last. A family in my ward lost a family member (BIL) this past week. I don't know the man who past away, but from his picture it is obvious that he was young. A husband I know for sure, and possibly a father, I don't know. But he was also a son, a brother, an uncle, a friend. From his picture he looks like a very nice man. I hurt for this family. My thoughts and prayers are with them. That is the one thing I know that I can do to help and lighten their pain. And again, the lesson is taught, make sure that you love your family and friends, and that they know how you feel. We never know when we will be called home, to our Father in Heaven. Love you *B & C* . You and your family are in our thoughts and prayers. May your knowledge of the gospel of Jesus Christ help you to find peace and comfort during this difficult time.

No comments: