September 6, 2011

HAPPY BIRTHDAY GIOVANNI!

Thursday is Giovanni's 47th birthday! I am sure that he will be thrilled that everyone now knows. But I couldn't keep it a secret. He really doesn't want anything for his birthday this year. He is such a practical person. I got him a new (Android) phone about a month ago and he says that is his present. So since he doesn't "want" anything I thought that I would dedicate a blog post to him...and only him!

So....here are 47 things about Giovanni!

1. He is a University of Utah fan
2. He once owned at BYU sweatshirt
3.He has 3 different Utah shirts and hats
4. He loves The Simpson's
5. He loves Hank Hill
6. Allergic to nuts
7. Loves Nutella (you go figure...read #6)
8. First movie in the USA when we moved here in 1994
was "The Lion King"
9. Cleans the bathrooms
10. Is the official cleaner upper when the kids puke
11.Would get up in the night with the boys when they were babies
12. Speaks Sicilian
13. Loves to cook
14. Loves the beach
15. Treats me like a Queen
16. Is the best father.friend to our sons
17. Looks cute when he rides the scooter
18. Would tell Robert to not ride the scooter w/out a helmet
and now he doesn't wear one either
19. Likes Rap music...Really!
20. Boy can that 47 year old man dance, but the boys will tell him to stop
I think that is because he moves better than they do
21. Loved my mother
22. Loves my father and his new wife, Lorraine
23. Didn't know any English when we moved to the US in 1994
24. Graduated from medical school in Italy - cum Laud
25. Gave up everything in Italy, including his medical career so that our
family could stay here in the USA (he said it was a better place for our sons!)
26. Went back to school in the USA to become a surgical technologist
27. Loves to take long walks/runs (Does 19 miles sound fun to you?)
28. He use to run marathons in Italy
29. Loves seafood
30. Will sit and watch a chick flick with me
31. Was his kids soccer coach many, many, many times
32. Always ready and willing to use his priesthood when needed
33. Tries to go to the temple it least once a week
34. Prefers to read the Book of Mormon in English instead of Italian
35. Loves it when I make home made pizza
36. Always ready to help me with the housework
37. Tutors the kids in all their math/science classes
38. Tells me that he loves me every day!
39. A worthy priesthood holder
40. He's glad we live in a townhouse so that we don't have to do yard work
41. Loves anything NASA related
42. Puts his family and our needs before his own
43. He likes ice cream, but will always tell you that gelato is better
44. He tells me everyday that he loves me
45. Loves his sons more than anything in the world
46. His eyes sparkle and twinkle when he smiles
47. This last one might embarrass him, but...
he is a great kisser!


Happy birthday Giovanni! I love you and I feel so blessed to have you as my eternal companion!

2 comments:

Jamie said...

Happy Birthday Boss!!!

epugs said...

Happy Birthday Gio!! We hope you had a lot of ice cream (or gelato), a lot of seafood, and a lot of kissing on your birthday! Ha ha!

We miss you guys!