April 18, 2011

LONELY

As I look out my bedroom window this morning...it is raining. A typical spring day in Utah. I just try to remember that the moisture will help the grass turn green quicker and flowers bloom sooner and trees bud faster. But I did miss the birds chirping this morning.
I should be washing my windows and blinds right now. I am having the carpet cleaned tomorrow..so my project upstairs has been to clean and organize everything. I didn't get the bathrooms organized, but they are clean. I will work on the drawers and baskets another weekend. But everything else is done!
The downstairs windows can wait for next weekend when I'm alone again.
Giovanni and Brian went to Florida yesterday. I have been alone for 24 hrs and have a little less than 72 to go...and can I say, I don't like it. I feel lonely. The house is so empty and quiet. Even the water in the ice maker freaks me out. I've never heard it before now. I guess because there is usually noise going on when I'm in the kitchen. Laughing and joking around..the TV on while Gio or I are cooking or doing dishes and Brian playing basketball on his small hoop that he has over the bathroom door..and oh how that ball echos on the wood floor....
Instead, there is silence. I thought that I would enjoy this time alone, and I do, kind of...because I'm getting a lot of things done... but not really enjoying it. Does that make sense? Probably not...but it does to me.
This is the first time since Robert left on his mission 13+ months ago that I'm alone for an extended period of time. And it is no fun at all. It makes me miss him even more. And I miss waking Brian up in the morning for school, and rolling over at 3:30 AM to tell Gio good bye and that I love him before he goes to work.
I have thought a lot about how...if I feel this way for 3-4 days how would I feel if it were for eternity. What if I wouldn't have my family forever? How would I feel then...Lonely and sad.
If nothing else these few days have given me a better perspective of how I need to work every day to keep my family together.
Love you Gio, Robert, and Brian...and I miss you all dearly!

Love,
Mom....

No comments: