March 7, 2011

A BIT OF EVERYTHING

I have been sick for the past week, and it hasn't been fun at all. Last Sunday when we had all our missionary homecomings to go to I had no voice. Well...1/18 of a voice. I made noise, but that was about it. By Monday I was kinda' talking again but the head cold was coming on strong, along with the sore throat. By Thursday I thought I was feeling better, but not really. Now I just have this tight feeling in my chest, and my throat burns, stuffy nose and congested, with a slight headache (due to sinus' I'm sure). I have worked through it all, but have taken some PTO time because it is so hard to talk to people non stop the way I feel, but I'm doing my best.
-------------------------------------------
Brian and I cleaned out his closet on Saturday. WoW! That kid had a lot of clothes in there...and most of them didn't fit him anymore! Now I need to work on his drawers and desk. Then the "extra room" (Brian's old room-until Robert comes home anyway...then it will be his "new room" again!) Then I will start washing windows and blinds upstairs. I also need to clean off Gio's desk and my dresser drawers and clean the bathroom cabinets. Those are the projects for March. I want to get the upstairs done so that I can have the carpets cleaned in April and I don't want to do that until I'm done making messes and cleaning up messes!
-------------------------------------------
I miss Robert today. And yesterday, and the day before that too. I think it is because he just hit the year mark and I had to start a new sheet on his countdown chart. It made it seem like so long until he is home again. However, if this year passes anything like last year he will be home in the twinkling of an eye! I told of friend of mine who just put her son in the MTC last week that I blog as therapy...ain't that the truth! It makes me feel better. Also. I'm counting down days until May 8th...only 62 to go! Then it will be Mother's Day, and that means a phone call from Italy! And if we are lucky maybe even Skype!!! I hope he can find a place where that will work!!!! Either way I can't wait to hear his voice. The good thing is....I don't cry about missing him. I haven't cried for a long time..basically since he left. I get choked up once in a while...but actually crying...not since he left! Yay for me!!!!
------------------------------------------
I suppose this next part is more for me than anyone else, and sorry that I'm putting it out here...but it is an accountability thing more than anything. I'm starting a diet. I really need to shed some pounds. Major pounds actually. I use to have another blog where I would write about weight loss/diets/food/etc...but to hard to keep up on so many blogs...so I'm just doing it here. I'm not putting my weight out there for everyone to know what I weigh...just that I'm doing it. I bought some  HCG drops a while back and was starting the diet then...but I had to have some medical tests done, so I needed everything out of my system and so I stopped, because I had to.
But now I'm ready to start again. So Wednesday is the big day! Mainly because I need to go to the grocery store and prepare menu's etc....I am only going to do 21 days of it. See how it goes, then do another 21 days of it. I think that way will work best for me. So...every once in a while there will be a post about how much I've lost, etc....Thanks for the support in advance.
------------------------------------------
Giovanni changed his schedule at work. He will now have off Sunday and Monday instead of Sunday and Wednesday. I hope that he will like it better having two days off in a row. As for me...my new schedule starts on May 1- Aug 27th. I will work Tuesday-Friday 0730 -1230 and Saturday 0730-1130. I will be picking up extra hours before work every day...and some early Monday's. But I will have off Sunday...and Monday too with Gio...So that will be nice for the summer!!!
------------------------------------------
Brian is doing super in basketball. He had 3 games on Saturday. 2 of them with the new PHS 6th grade team he is on. They won both games, and he did  a great job. The coach was asking me about him and said that he thinks Brian did a great job for the first games. He said he picks things up quick and has a good eye for the game! Let's hope that is good news since he is the one who will be picking or helping to pick the teams for the Jr High school. Brian really wants to play...and I hope he makes it!!! But only one team at a time from now on! 2-3 at a time is just over the top!!!!
-------------------------------------------
Life is good, and I'm happy!

1 comment:

Jenny said...

Good luck on your diet! Let me know how it goes :)