February 28, 2011

THE MIRACLE OF BIRTH

This weekend was amazing. I have several posts to do, but I wanted to start with this one.

Child birth is amazing.
Absolutely AMAZING!!!
I had forgotten what a wonder it is.
Brian was born 12 yrs ago
and since then I haven't had the opportunity to be a part of something so tender,
special, miraculous, etc.
There really are no words to describe it.

My niece had her baby on Saturday afternoon.
She had been having contractions for about 24 hrs before her water actually broke.
I have to admit that I was worried about her, and how she would do...
but she was AMAZING!
Great job Cassandra.

Brian had basketball playoffs all morning (another post for that) 
and so I was in touch via phone with my SIL
 and about 1230 PM they called and said that she was going to start pushing soon.
So I left the last game and went over to the hospital.

About 1 PM she started pushing and the miracle that happened...wow...
there are no words to really describe it.
To first see just a bit of hair..then a bit more, and more until he finally crowned...
it was the most beautiful, spiritual thing that I have experienced in a long time.
To hold that sweet little boy knowing that just a few minutes earlier his spirit was with our Father in Heaven. And I'm sure that Grandma Martha was there too, along with all his other family members.

I will never cease to marvel at how perfect our Father in Heaven has it all work.
Conception, Pregnancy, Childbirth, etc.
What a great engineer He is.

Riley David James Anthony was born at 1:28 PM on Saturday February 26, 2011
weighing in at 6 lbs 15 ounces and 19 inches long....

Proud Uncle Ryan

Great Grandpa Norman~
I love this picture..he is looking right at my dad
and I can just imagine him saying,
"Hey I know you...I was just with Grandma Martha and she told me all about you!"

Grandma Cindra

Cassandra and Riley


Dr, Nurse, Cassandra and Riley



Welcome Baby Riley!!!
We love you and we're glad you're here!

And a special thank you to my niece Cassandra
for letting me be a part of something so special and amazing!


No comments: