November 22, 2010

A WONDERFUL WEEKEND

Turning 45 was a small shock to my system I must admit. I realized that I'm now on the down slide to 50! I keep telling myself I'm like cheese and wine...I get better with age! I hope that really is the truth!

This past weekend I went with my friend Natalee to Time Out For Women up in SLC. We stayed at the Little America and had a fantastic weekend! Natalee and I are mission companions. She is the one who was with me when I had to have emergency surgery and have my appendix taken out! It was a wonderful weekend! I feel like my spiritual bucket was refilled.

At TOFW they spoke about not comparing ourselves to others and to realize that the challenges we have are made specifically for us, how we can get over all things with the Lords help and through the atonement. How true that is. If I had the choice between my problems and someone else's I would take mine. It least I know how to deal with them!

Another thing that I realized this weekend is that we can all fall. The person that you might think is the strongest. The one with the testimony so strong that they can never falter. The one who every one looks up to and wants to be like...well, that person is just like "the rest of us". We all have struggles that we go through and yes, we do have trials in our life, but we are the one who makes the choice how we let those situations affect our lives. Also, when someone attacks what we believe, we have the right and obligation to stand up for what we believe in. Yes, we can love our friends and care about them...but they need to love us and care about us too. Such a fine line to walk sometimes. I am so thankful for my testimony in the gospel of Jesus Christ. I am thankful for a loving Father in Heaven who is there for me, always! He has never left me. If there was ever a time when I thought he wasn't there, it is because I shut him out. And I am so thankful that He has never given up on me.

--------------------------------------------------------------------
Another amazing thing happened this weekend. Something that I didn't really think would happen for a long time.
As I wrote in an earlier post my brother and I saw each other at the hospital when my SIL was having surgery. I wasn't sure of how the outcome would be....well....it actually turned out better than I thought!
I had been thinking a lot about him lately.
I don't want to be judged by others for the things I do in my life and the choices that I make, so why would I do the same thing to someone else. People haven't walked in my shoes, and I haven't walked in theirs.
I'm not saying that things are or ever will be perfect between us. No, we probably won't be the best of friends. But we can be friends. It will take work on both of our parts...we have both been through a lot, however....we are family! And in the end that is what counts the most. To have some sort of communication.
Anyway...he and his future wife came over last night. They stayed for about 2 1/2 hrs. And it was nice. Yes, nice! She is a nice lady and you can tell they care about one another and love each other.
They brought a reception invitation...so I am invited. And I will go...because that is what you do!
I don't know what the future holds for us, and I don't have these amazing expectations...but we'll see where it goes.

--------------------------------------------------------------------
This will be our first holiday without Robert being home. I think it will be a hard one...but I wouldn't want him anywhere else doing anything else! I am so proud of that boy! And he is a great example to Brian.

--------------------------------------------------------------------
Speaking of Brian...he had his first basketball game on Saturday. His team won 30 something to 12...and Brian made about 12-5 points. He did a great job!That's my little (or not so little) guy!!

1 comment:

Jamie said...

You're so funny. But I'll second the motion that you do INDEED get better with age! Happy day!!!