November 30, 2010

HAPPY BIRTHDAY GRANDPA!

Well...on December 1st is is my father's birthday! I don't really call him Dad anymore...somehow he has taken on the name "Grandpa" and that is what and who he is. When I call him up I say "hey Grandpa, how ya' doing?".  He is Grandpa to all of us.
This post is dedicated to him. He will be 80 yrs old! Wow!! That is a great accomplishment these days! But I for one am having a hard time believing that he is really that old, or should I say young?
He has been around for a while and sure has seen this world change a lot from when he was a boy. And he has done pretty well to keep up too.
He does pretty good on the computer and loves to do geneology work. He can email, search, etc...
Now the TV is something else. I think that TiVo confused him for a while, but now he has caught on and does pretty good. He even bought and iPhone....who would have thought...now he just needs to figure out all the cool things he can do with it!!!
It would take me a long time to write 80 things about Grandpa...but here are a few that stick out in my mind...memories, etc....
1. Loves to joke around
2. Hard worker
3. Inventor
4. Integrity
5. Loves to hike
6. Loves his bike
7. Likes to travel
8. Loyal
9. Spiritual
10. Dedicated
11. Accepting
12. Gives encouragement
13 Caring
14. Service oriented
15. Loved/Loves my mother
16. Took care of mom until the end serving her every day
16. Helped my boys with LOTS of scout projects
17. Would always tease Jeni the dog...
18. Would always tease us
19. Supportive
20. Loves Mexican and Greek food (Italian too!)
21. Loves each one of us
etc, etc, etc.....

I know that everyone always says they have the best father in the world...but I really do believe that I do.






WE LOVE YOU GRANDPA!
HAPPY 80TH BIRTHDAY!!!

No comments: