September 11, 2010

9/11

Do you remember where you were that morning....9 years ago?
I do.
I was home asleep.
Giovanni called me on the phone from work, and said to turn on th TV that there was something going on in NYC and it wasn't good.
I turned the TV on just in time to see the second plane go into the second tower.

I remember thinking in my mind..."What on earth just happened"?"
From that moment on I was glued to the TV.
I woke Robert up for school told him some of what happened and thought it would be better for him to be at school, then at home with Brian and I.
So off he went to the bus stop...and again...back to the TV I went.

A short time later the towers fell...
Oh my gosh...
I just couldn't believe it. Who? Why? How could they?
All those lives lost, families torn apart forever.....
Our country under attack.
Was there going to be a war, here???

I remember praying that day for our country, our president, and those families of the fallen.
The tears just kept coming.

It has been 9 years.
And I still feel the same way today that I did then.
My heart aches and tears distort my vision as I try to hold them back.

I am so proud to be an American.
I am thankful for the country that I live in.
For the freedoms and opportunities that we have here.
I am thankful to those who have given their lives
And for the sacrifies of so many others in so many different ways.

This country is over 200 years old and we are still strong.
I will always stand straight and tall and say
"I am an American"
and I will do it proudly.

God Bless America and these United States.

No comments: