March 3, 2010

MTC

This morning we took Robert to the MTC. Can I just say that it was hard! Harder than I thought it would be!
What a special experience last night when he was set apart as a missionary by President Warner. He gave him a beautiful blessing with some amazing promises. Robert has a great work to do in Italy! He really will be a great missionary.
I feel like a small piece of my heart has been ripped out of me. But I know that he will be okay. The Lord will watch over him.
I sure love that boy. I think that I speak for Giovanni and myself when we say that we have never felt prouder as parents as we do today!
We will miss him, but wouldn't want him to be in any other place.
I have set up a blog for Robert so that family and friends can go there to follow his mission. It is on the link list...Anziano Robert Bona.
Here are a few photos from the past week.





We love you Robert! You will be in our thoughts, hearts, and prayers every day for the next 2 years!

2 comments:

Gio, Tasha, and Bella said...

I can imagine how proud you are of Robert. It is so awesome that he chose to serve a mission. I know he will do so good. You are so strong Judi! Good job for raising such an extraordinary son.

Jamie said...

Judi my dear, my heart goes out to you!!!! I can't imagine (especially as a mother) letting your child go. What a brave boy... what a good boy! We need more people like this in the world. You two have done a wonderful job with you boys!
Good luck!!!