September 14, 2009

TIME FOR CELEBRATING AND A WALK DOWN MEMORY LANE

This past week we had a lot of fun! Last week was Giovanni's 45th birthday. We just did a small family celebration. Gio isn't too big on parties. We went to Tucano's for lunch (love it when we get coupons for free meals!), then we went and bought him some new shoes for working out in. Excercise has become his new hobby so we thought it was an appropriate and useful gift. Then we went to FatCats and played a few games of bowling! It was a fun day spent with boys!



Then this past weekend I attended a Fremonters in Utah reunion! It was such a great afternoon. And to think that I didn't want to attend! After not seeing people for 25 years it was so good to catch up with everyone! I saw old friends, bishops, young women leaders, etc. It was a true walk down memory lane. I am so thankful for the chance I had to "re-make" friends. I look forward to keeping in touch with them more often! We were all so young and to see how we have grown and where life has taken us. How great. A lot of them don't realize it, but they played a huge part in my life and helping me to be the person that I am today. I didn't know how thankful I was for them, until this past weekend!



After the reunion, we went to the annual Grandview Neighborhood Picnic. It was good to spend the evening with friends and enjoy the last days of summer! We live in such a wonderful neighborhood. I really can't imagine living anywhere else! It has been a wonderful place to raise our boys and we have made good friends. This really is home!


What a great life we have! And what a great week it has been to celebrate and take walk down memory lane!!!

2 comments:

Laylabean said...

Those Grandview pictures made me homesick. Oh!

Judi said...

you should have come. it was a lot of fun!!!