April 15, 2009

JET BLUE





I just have to share my exciting news.
As many of you know I have been trying to get hired on with Jet Blue Airways since March of 2008. Because of training schedules and a slow economy the training has been postponed several times.
Well.....this morning I got a call from Jet Blue and I will be starting on the 28th of April!! I am so thrilled!
I will train up in SLC for about 2 1/2 months, but after that I will work from home. It is a part time job, but I can pick up as many extra hours as I want, which means while Brian is in school I can work! And the travel benifits can't be beat! Finally I'm following in my mother's footsteps and working for the airlines!!! Yahoo!!
There is only one downfall to all of this. As I have written previously when Robert graduates next month we have a family trip planned to Florida. Well, I won't be going. I am not able to schedule time off for 90 days. It is really sad and a let down for our family, but...like I told them all...we will go on plenty of other trips. Maybe Italy by the end of the year???? And our 20 yr anniversary is in January, so who knows!

Wish me luck on this new chapter in my life! I have loved staying at home but knew I would need a job soon to help with college expenses, missions, etc...and this is the best of both worlds!

3 comments:

Cheryl said...

Hooray! This is fabulous news. I'm glad you got the job, but sad about your vacation. :(

Here's to answered prayers!

Unknown said...

Oh my goodness Judi, congratulations! It's almost every mom's dream come true when they can work from home... especially when they have the time! I'm so happy for you and envious of all your future travels! What a blessing!

thrasherfamily said...

I am so happy for you! Finally Jet Blue! My friends work for them and love it. You can't beat working from home and free flights! I am very jealous! There will be more vacations, a year of waiting for this job will be worth not going. Congrats!