November 30, 2008

The Holidays are Here










Well, Thanksgiving has come and gone and now it is time to get ready for Christmas. We had everyone over at our house again this year. There were 10 of us and we had a great time. There was Grandpa and Grandma Lorraine, Aunt Peggy (grandpa's sister), Dave, Cindra, Ryan and the four of us.Yes our little town house fit all of us just fine. (I'll post some pics in a few days once they are down loaded). My mother would have been proud of me..everything turned out so nice and the table looked great too. I'm all about plastic now, so the only clean up after we eat is the silverware.It makes life so much easier and I don't have to spend hours on the clean up when I would rather be with my family having fun. Robert helped out this year by making the chocolate pies (instant pie filling). They turned out pretty good.
We spent part of Friday shopping, (non of that early bird stuff-we went out about 3:30 PM). Saturday was babysitting for a friend, birthday parties to attend, and cleaning house. Today we put up all the Christmas stuff. This year was a lot easier because we now have a prelit tree!!! Why didn't we buy one a few years ago?! It took all of 10 minutes to put up then it was time to decorate! The house looks like a winter wonderland now and I love it. I have been listening to Christmas music since the beginning of November and now no one can get mad at me for it because it is December 1st in about 2 hours!
This year we told the boys that we would be doing more service for Christmas and that we would be having less, and also that our Christmas would come in May when we go to Florida after Robert graduates. They thought it was a good idea, and today with Brian we did our first act of service for someone else.
There is a homeless man that walks the street near where we live. We see him everyday with his cart and bags and it breaks my heart to see him outside and nowhere to go. The other day we stopped and asked him if there was anything that he needed. He said good winter boots and sock. So on Friday while we were shopping we bought him his Christmas present and with Brian we went to deliver it to him. (We figured that he could use it better now than to wait another month). Brian went with Gio and I as we delivered this "gift". Brian and I sat in the car and watched as Gio took the boots over to him. He put them right on and said that they were good boots and fit him real well. I told Brian that this is what Christmas is all about. I don't know about him but it was great way for me to start the Christmas season. I hope that it was for Brian too.

I hope that all of you had a wonderful Thanksgiving and we'll be writing again soon and putting up some pictures as well.

No comments: