January 24, 2012

Ramblings.....

I woke up this morning at 4 AM after going to bed at 11 PM last night. I thought that I had to work at 5 AM...ended up I was wrong. I didn't pick up that extra hour, but I am sure that I did...oh well...it gave me some time to work on my schedule to pick up more hours at work. I'm trying to do 40 hrs a week...And have it not interfere to much with my family life, and the things that I want and need to do.

I suppose I will need to organize my time better and start making a list of the things that I need to do, and want to do. I have 37 days left to get the need list done. And honestly, if it doesn't get done, is Robert really going to know the difference? Not really! I think he will just be glad to be home and we will be glad to have him here that the rest of the stuff really isn't going to matter that much...but right now it matters...to me!

We had a wonderful anniversary weekend. On Friday (our actual anniversary) we went to the temple with grandpa and Lorraine to do sealings. We sealed my mother to her aunt and uncle who raised her. It was such a special and emotional moment. I could really feel my mothers spirit there with us in the temple. I know that she was happy and thankful for what we had done. She was sealed to her parents a long time ago, but they both died when she was a small child, and she really didn't even know them, or remember them. We figure this way, the Lord will work it out.

After the temple we were going to go for a nice dinner, but the restaurant had a wait time of over an hour, and we were hungry...so, we went to Zupas instead, and it was delicious. I'm glad we ended up there. Afterwards we went to a movie, then home. It was a wonderful afternoon spent with the man I love.

On Saturday we went to Tucano's with Brian. It was a yummy lunch! We ran some errands. Came home and watched the snow fall, then off to Brian's ball game. We won! And it was a great game. Evenly matched and in the end we beat the other team by 6 pts. Brian played a great game! Then we went to the movie with Brian. We saw "Joyful Noise". It was so good. I would recommend it to anyone. Great story and music. Then off to Cold Stone for "dinner". It was a fun day! And it was nice to spend it with Brian. He usually wants to go and hang out with his friends so it was nice to have him with us.

Sunday Gio and I both went to the MTC to translate for an Italian sister missionary that is there. Then church. It was a really good meeting. Our bishopric spoke on the ward goal for the year...it is to read the Book of Mormon as a family, from cover to cover. We are going to follow their counsel...however, we first need to finish it...we are in Mormon, and only have about 60 or so pages left. We are reading about 2-3 pages a day...our goal is to finish before Robert comes home! It has taken us two years to do it...we started out slow...and have missed days along the way..some times we only read a few versus because that is all we had time for...but our goal was to read the BoM while Robert was gone, and we will have accomplished it, and that is what is important! It will be fun to start again and read it with Robert this time, and get some of his insight.

We usually read in the evenings after dinner. Gio gets up around 3:20 AM or so and leaves for work by 3:45 AM...we would have a revolt if we tried to do it in the mornings...however, Brian and I do our personal reading in the morning. He wakes up around 6:30 and crawls into my bed and we read for about 10-15 minutes. Then we say our morning prayer together. I really like the routine and I think it is a good way for us to start the day. We are both reading Doctrine and Covenants. It has been a while since I read it, and I am really enjoying it.

In other ramblings...we went to UVU yesterday for Robert to find out about classes for him and registration. We didn't realize how ahead of the game he is...He only needs two classes and he can apply for the nursing program. IF that is what he really wants to do. He needs to make a choice...what does he really want to do...Nurse, NPR, PA, Doctor? It will be interesting to see what he does and his choices...I just want him to be happy.

Enough of writing about nothing....Off to start my day! Ciao Ciao!

No comments: