December 4, 2011

PICTURE UPDATES

I haven't done as well with picture taking as I have in the past.
It seems either I forget to take my camera with me or the battery is dead.
But I am making an effort to be better at it.
Hopefully over the next few weeks with the holidays I'll remember.
Here are a few pictures from the past few months.
I know some are old, but I figured, better late than never.

HALLOWEEN


For the first time I let Brian dress up as a Zombie, or something similar.
Not my ideal costume, but he really wanted to, so I gave in.
He learned two things from it:
1. He doesn't like wearing the make-up so he probably won't do it again.
2. He likes skinny jeans...we ended up buying him 2-3 pairs.
Too bad that I don't look as good in them as he does! Ha!

WARD TRUNK OR TREAT

These were some of our favorites!





My visiting teacher Tami.
Isn't she lovely!



Our neighbors with their new daughter.
She is about 1 1/2 months old, and such a doll!


We finally convinced Brian that it was time for a new suit.
He'd been wearing his black one that we bought him when Robert left.
He out grew it at the start of the summer, and since it was fall/winter
it was a great time for a new one.
He really liked the vest and thought it was classy...
and the salesman convinced him the pasley ties are back in!
I love it.
He looks so handsome and grown up!






I sure do love these two guys.
And Robert is looking on...approving!
(I just realized...looks like Bri has passed his dad!)




CHRISTMAS DECORATIONS

We finally got the tree up.
Here are some of my favorite decorations!



My Christmas village.
Gio bought this for me our second year here in the states.
It was 1995.
I have put it out ever year since then.





Our sweet little tree.
A lot of people ask why there is a hat on top?
Well...one year the star burnt out, and util we could go out to buy
one we put the Santa Hat on the tree, because it looked so bare on top.
The boys loved it and asked if the hat could stay...
It's been there ever since.




Last fall, 2010, in Relief Socity
we made these
Christmas Countdown calendars.
One of the few crafty things I've ever made.
We either put $$$ or a piece of candy, or something
behind the number so Brian gets a little something
every day during the month!
(First thing he does in the morning when he gets downstairs)


One of my most treasured Christmas decorations.
This was my mother's nativity set.
She gave it to me a few years before she passed away.
(I sure miss my mom at Chrtistmas time)




I am so looking forward to his holiday season.
Now I only wish that there would be a bit more white stuff out on the ground.

No comments: