December 12, 2011

DECEMBER 12TH

AND I BEHELD THE CITY OF NAZARETH;
AND IN THE CITY OF NAZARETH I BEHELD A VIRGIN,
AND SHE WAS EXCEEDING LY FAIR AND WHITE.
AND HE SAID UNTO ME:
BEHOLD, THE VIRGIN WHO THOU SEEST IS THE MOTHER OF THE SON OF GOD,
AFTER THE MANNER OF THE FLESH.

I Nephi 13:18

Song:
Oh, Hush Thee, My Baby
(not able to find a good recording of this song, Sorry!)

Oh hush the my baby, a story I'll tell.
How little Lord Jesus on earth came to dwell;
How in a far country way over the sea
Was born a wee baby, my dear one, like thee.

'The story was told by the angels so bright
As round them was shining a heavenly light
The tars shone out brightly, but one led the way
And stood o'er the place where the dear baby lay.

The shepherds here found him, as angels had said,
The poor little stranger, no crib for a bed
Down low in a manger, so quiet he lay.
This little child Jesus, asleep on the hay.




Story:

by Charles Tazewell

No comments: