April 6, 2011

PRAYERS ARE ANSWERED

It is such a comfort to know that our Father in Heaven listens to our prayers and he answers them too. The answer isn't always what we want it to be...but he does answer.

This past transfer for Robert was especially hard with a lot of challenges. It was the first time during his mission that I could tell it was hard for him, well...harder than normal. And it is his mission, not mine, and there are things that I'm sure the Lord wanted him to learn, but still hard to sit back and watch, being powerless to help.

But alas, I'm not powerless. There is the power of prayer. And that is what I did. I prayed. For Robert to be strong, to remember who he is and what he stands for. I prayed for him to have desire, love, the comfort of the spirit and the open heart and mind to follow the promptings of the spirit as they would come to him.

Knowing that it was transfer time this week, as I said my prayers last night I prayed so intently that what ever happened today that Robert would be happy and that he could go forward, working strong and hard and dedicating his time to the Lord. I also prayed that if he stayed with his companion that he would learn from the experience and that they could grow together...I left it in the hands of the Lord, and President Wolfgramm.

All I can say is that today Robert is happy! I know that Heavenly Father listened to his prayers, and mine too.
You will have to go here to read about Robert's week.... but I can tell you that it was a good one...with a lot of changes and more opportunities to grow and learn!

No comments: